Voice and Body: The Sung and Spoken Voice
We invite participants to discover and experiment with their vocal identity through an exploration of their body and voice. The work sessions are based on the physical actions developed by Zygmunt Molik (1930–2010), co-founder and actor of Jerzy Grotowski’s Laboratory Theatre, where he played a crucial role in developing voice training.
In the sessions, participants will learn the essential principles of the Voice and Body vocal training:
- opening up their voice and body through very precise physical actions called the Body Alphabet
- personal exploration based on associations of different Body Alphabet elements, a sort of improvisation around the participant’s personal stories; what then emerges is an unexpected, unpredictable resonance, the source of bodily vibration
- exploring and harmonising breath and movement; the spontaneity and naturalness that emerge during the work are put at the service of singing and speech
- individual and collective voice work
- application of the principles learned in working on a text and a song – individual work